Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Alice Walker "Remember"

I think this poem is about racism. A girl that is wounded has babies. Growing up in when people were very racist. While she was growing into a women black people were beginning to be excepted more. So when she was younger she didn't have anything to offer anyone. But now that she is a women racism has gone down. So she has more to offer.

Imagery: In this poem it says "I am the girl
with the dark skin
whose shoes are thin
I am the girl
with the rotted teeth
I am the girl
with the wounded eye
and the melted ear."
It shows that she is black and people are racist. She is still young with thin shoes, rotten teeth, wounded eye, and melted ear.
Then Its says
"I am the woman
with the blessed
dark skin
I am the woman
with teeth repaired
I am the woman
with the healing eye
the ear that hears
"
Now she is a women without rotten teeth, a healing eye, an ear that hears.
She went from young and weak to a women strong, and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment